We currently have 1 vacancy (application form at the bottom of the page) :
Assessor in Health & Social Care
Assessors are people who perform the role of evaluator for workers studying for their national vocational qualification. An NVQ Assessor also gives employees training for the qualification.
We are looking for a person who is either
- A qualified Assessor in Health and Social Care Or
- An experienced Health and Social Care Worker (must have at least a level 3 qualification in Health and Social Care) who is willing to train to be an assessor.
Successful applicants will:
- Have an in-depth knowledge of Health and Social Care with preferably a professional qualification in assessing such as an A1 or D32 (or equivelant), but training may be offered to the successful applicant, experienced in Health and Social Care.
- Be confident to deliver Key and/or Functional Skills
- Have a training qualification or be willing to attend a training course (Level 3 or above).
- Be able to work with candidates from different backgrounds
- Have excellent communication & interpersonal skills/abilities
- Be supportive, tactful and patient
- Be able to work alone or with a team
- Be able to create accurate reports and keep meticulous records of meetings and evaluations
- Have an interest in helping people to develop
- Be able to clearly explain complex topics
- Be well organised.
- Be confident to liaise with learners’ immediate supervisors.
- Have transport (travel expences are paid at 33p per mile for assessors using their own cars) and be prepared to travel to the workplaces of learners to conduct onsite observations, carry out group or one to one session and to check through evidence portfolios.