This Privacy Notice describes how Vision Training (North East) Ltd protects and makes use of the information we collect about you. By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving your permission for us to process your personal data, including sensitive or special categories of personal information, specifically for the purposes identified.
You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing our Employer Engagement Manager email@example.com . Please note that where our processing of your personal information relies on your consent and where you then withdraw that consent, we may not be able to provide all or some aspects of our services to you and/or it may affect the provision of those services.
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect a range of information including, but not limited to the following:
- name, address, email and phone numbers
- size of business
- financial information i.e. bank details
- nature of business
- health and safety details
- organisational chart (for the student’s portfolio)
Information we hold about you is securely held by Vision Training (North East) Ltd on Protected computers and a secure cloud based system and any paperwork is stored securely.
How do we collect your information?
We may collect your personal information in a number of ways, for example:
- from the information you provide to us when you interact with us before joining, e.g. when you express your interest in Vision Training (North East) Ltd
- when you complete enrolment paperwork or on-line forms
- when you communicate with us by telephone, email, social media or via our website, e.g. in order to make enquiries or raise concerns
- in various other ways as you interact with us
- from direct contact with you either by telephone, email or in person
How do we use information we hold about you?
- to process enrolments and funding
- statutory funding claims
- IT systems (email, storage, e-learning, Centre network and software systems access)
- for our own internal records so that we can provide you with a high-quality service
- to contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- to customise our services so they work better for you
- to contact you, with your permission, about services, products, offers and other resources provided by us which we think may be relevant to you
- to contact you for research purposes, including the collection of destination information
- to contact you for surveys about the services we supply to you.
We will hold your information securely. To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong organisational and technical security safeguards. We design data protection into all new processes and procedures and follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal information in line with the General Data Protection Regulations.
Data protection training is provided to all Vision Training (North East) Ltd employees.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with the student and also other organisations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the GDPR. What follows is a list of the types of organisations we may need to share some of your information with for one or more reasons, which may be to fulfil a contractual obligation under a legal basis:
- staff members of Vision Training (North East) Ltd, partner colleges and other partners who support us in the delivery and assessment of teaching and training
- government bodies in order to fulfil contractual obligations, such as the Education and Skills Funding Agency, Ofsted, the Department for Education, and funding auditors
- examining/awarding bodies and end point assessment organisations
- persons making an enquiry or complaint
- press and the media
- local and central government
We do not sell your personal information. If, as part of the entry requirements for your course, we need to take up a reference or obtain ‘disclosure’ from the Disclosure and Barring Service, we will inform you beforehand. Any personal information about you that we share with other organisations is processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations.
How long your information is kept?
Subject to any other notices that we may provide to you, we may retain your personal information as long as necessary for funding and audit requirements once your association with us has come to an end. The retention period for different classifications of personal data has been established in line with information management guidelines. Please refer to our Data Retention schedule found at http://visiontrainingnortheast.com
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of, or processing, your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights under the GDPR:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. You can make a ‘subject access request’ by contacting the Centre by email or post, see contact details below
- Right of data correction – you have the right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete. You can do this by contacting the Centre by email or post, see contact details below. We will ensure that any third parties holding or processing your information are informed of any changes.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you can require us to restrict our data processing activities (and, where our processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on consent before its withdrawal)
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing or to object on grounds relating to your particular situation, to any of our particular processing activities where you feel this has a disproportionate impact on your rights. You also have the right to object to automated processing, including profiling. You also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you to be transferred to another organisation
- Right to judicial review – in the event that Vision Training (North East) Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in the Complaints section below
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply. All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your data.
Any emails sent to us, including attachments, may be monitored. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send us is in the bounds of the law.
You can find out more about your rights under data protection legislation from the Information Commissioner’s Office website available at:https://ico.org.uk/.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Vision Training (North East) Ltd (or third parties), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the person responsible for GDPR compliance at our Centre or directly with the Information Commissioner’s Office (see contact details below).
Changes to This Privacy Notice
We will keep this Privacy Notice under regular review and reserve the right to change it as necessary from time-to-time or if required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the website.
If you have any queries about this privacy notice, how we process your personal information, if you wish to see the information we hold or amend the personal information we hold about you, you can contact us by:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, in the subject line please add Data Protection Enquiry: FAO Gemma Readman
Post: Vision Training (North East) Ltd, Data Protection Enquiry, 12 Yarm Road, Stockton-On-Tees, TS18 3NA
Tel: 01642 673255 (Gemma Readman)
The Information Commissioner’s Office, Tel: 0303 123 1113, or Web: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/