An NVQ is a work based qualification which recognises the skills and knowledge a person needs to do a job. There are no exams instead competency in the chosen subject is proved by working with a dedicated assessor to identify evidence such as completed workbooks, observation of working practices, work products, reflections and witness testimony.
Benefits of undertaking an NVQ?
The learner will benefit as they:
- Have a flexible route to becoming qualified in the workplace with no examinations as NVQs are a practical demonstration of the learners skills, knowledge and understanding
- Will receive certification to demonstrate they have met a national standard for their occupational role this will lead to improved employability.
- A level 2 qualification can be accessed by anyone there are no formal education requirements
Employers will benefit as NVQs are:
- An effective way of developing staff to a nationally recognised standard which results in improved efficiency in their work practices
- Proof of the employee’s capability to do their job as all NVQs have an element of observation of working practices
- On the job training and evidence gathering, therefore less down time from the employee
- Demonstrates to CQC and customers that you have a commitment to quality
- Ensures employees are up to date with industry standards and best practice