Many health and social care workers have a role in the provision of food in a safe manner and in the nutritional wellbeing of people they support, whether this is through the delivery of direct care, catering or domestic duties. Ensuring the appropriate Food Safety training is provided helps employers registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) to comply with their requirements.
This qualification will enable those working, or intending to work, in the health and social care sector to develop their understanding of food safety and nutrition that need to be considered when providing food. It provides learners with
- the knowledge required to meet food safety requirements
- an understanding of how to support and contribute to individual wellbeing through the promotion of food, nutrition and hydration within the settings.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for any person who works in health and social care who wants a better understanding of food safety and nutrition & hydration in any care setting, this could be domiciliary care workers, kitchen porters, managers, nurses ……
Candidates will be supplied with
- Course Workbook
- Research Guidance
- A dedicated knowledgeable assessor
These resources will assist the learner by guiding their learning and supporting them to gather the necessary evidence to attain this level 2 qualification.
Learners will need to
- Attend regular sessions with their assessor, where information and guidance will be given, targets set and evaluated and assessment of evidence gathered by the learner will take place.
- Provide the assessor with opportunities to observe their working practices, to assess that they know how to put their knowledge into practice.
We find this personalised regular contact ensures a good working relationship with between the learner and assessor and helps maintain our excellent attainment levels.
CONTACT VISION TRAINING TO SEE IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS FREE QUALIFICATION Telephone: 01642 673 255